Our Location (Click for Map & Directions):

161 West Harrison Street, Ground Floor (C-102), Chicago, Illinois 60605 (312-704-8000) Free Consultations with our attorneys on the First Saturday of each month
from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

Non-Immigrant Visas: P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

Non-Immigrant Visas: P Visa for Athletes and Entertainers

Congress created a number of highly specialized temporary work visa categories for certain outstanding entertainers and athletes. There are no quota restrictions, but a job offer from a U.S. employer is a requirement for any of these visas, and they are normally approved between two to seven months.

P-1 visas are issued for recognized athletes or members of entertainment groups. P-2 visas are issued for artist or entertainer in an exchange program, while P-3 visas are issued to cultural artist program. Lastly, P-4 visas are issued for immediate relatives of P-1,2 & 3 holders.

Obtaining a P visa involves a two step process:

(1) Petition, I-129 Form and Supplement. Your employer must submit the petition form in duplicate, and send in two signed originals, together with the supplement that applies to your situation.

(2) Application. Once your petition is approved, USCIS will forward a complete copy of the file to the consulate designated on form I-129. Your home consulate will complete the application and issue you a visa.